Vikings went into Green Bay and played… meh… they played.
Final score 21-16 on the wrong end but here’s 3 things I liked:
- Dalvin Cook is a monster and I’m happy he’s on my favorite team.
- The defense is good- minus the first 3 possessions this defense did all they could to keep them in it.
- This team has more weapons than any other Viking teams I can remember. Sure, maybe not Cris Carter/Randy Moss type of HOFers but they are deep, deep, deep when it comes to guys who can catch a football.
3 things I didn’t like:
- I really wanted the o-line to be better this year and they are when it comes to run blocking. Pass blocking left a little to be desired and Mr. Cousins needs things clean because when they aren’t clean…
- His decision making is brutal.
- Diggs has 3 catches for 86 yards this year… can you please stop trying to fight everyone after every time you make a catch. The NFL will let you say whatever you want to fans in the front row. All you have to do is not be demonstrative and keep you helmet on. I’m not a huge “act like you’ve done it before” guy but cripes, maybe act like you’ve done it at least 4 times.
3 other things that I either liked or didn’t like but would ruin the bit if I didn’t have a separate category:
- Being in the game with a chance to beat Green Bay in their home opener is no small feat. Especially when they honored Bart Starr and Brett Favre before the game. I’ll take a net positive for that game because I’m a homer and I won’t let you talk me out of this team yet.
- A couple of years ago I was pro-dumping Case Keenum. He was obviously good but he’d throw the ball to the other teams once a quarter. It just so happened, as a Vikings, the other team wasn’t catching it. Good for us but being lucky is not sustainable. While I would have preferred the Vikings gave Teddy Two Gloves a shot I was fine with the Cousins choice because I thought for sure he wouldn’t throw it to the other team once a quarter. He is. Or does. And I don’t like it.
- Maybe just maybe don’t have 30ish penalties for 250ish yards in two games. Even if a few of the calls are straight from sketchyville, stop it.
On to Oakland…. boooooooooooooooooooo!