VINING, Minn.– The biggest small town celebration is coming back tomorrow.
Vining Watermelon Days returns to town for its 50th annual day of events Saturday for another year of celebrating the community.
Here is a list of events going on throughout the day:
- 7:30 a.m. – Vining Lutheran Church – pancake and sausage breakfast
- 8 a.m. – Run for the Melon 5k/10k run/walk
- 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Arts and crafts vendors around town
- 11 a.m. – FREE Watermelon
- 11 a.m. – Vining Fire Department Lunch at Vining Fire Hall
- 11 a.m. – Prairie Fire Children’s Theater presents “Sleeping Beauty” at the Vining Community Center
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Bouncy House & Petting Zoo by the Ottertail 4-H Club near the community center
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Car Show next to Bigfoot Gas & Grocery
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Vining History Center
- 12 p.m. – Bingo Begins
- 1 p.m. – Bean Bag Tournament – Registration begins at noon
- 1 p.m. – Medallion Hunt begins, clues at Watermelon Tent
- 1:30 p.m. – Children’s games at Vining Community Center
- 7 p.m. – Parade – Raffle drawings and street dance immediately following parade with Runestone Rebellion performing
Live music will also be in Vining. Nathan’s Old Time Band will be performing from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Other events include Memories with Steve Worner from 1-4 p.m.
The festivities are organized by the Vining Area Watermelon Day Inc. and Vining Area Boosters. More information on Watermelon Day can be found on their Facebook page.