Here’s a chance for all who travel Highway 10 through Wadena to attend an informational open house on September 24th.
Throughout the past number of weeks, we have seen various levels of roads work being done, but this might be a good opportunity to get a good feel of what plans are coming as we get into the next year of this project.
In 2020, crews will reconstruct Highway 10 between Third Street and County Road 4 with staged detours. Once complete in October 2020, the $12.4 million project will:
- Widen and reconstruct the road
- Improve access and traffic flow
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalks
- Upgrade city storm sewers and install new LED street lighting
- Replace the signal systems at Second Street W. and Highway 71
- Upgrade the railroad crossings on Highway 71 and Second Street W.