As Trace Adkins said, “they’re songs about me” and that’s what makes country music so special. So special, in fact, that it sometimes feels like these legends deserve their own national holiday!
So let’s do it. Let’s give the legends the holiday they deserve:
- Johnny Cash- Could come down on any Sunday morning.
- Waylon Jennings- Pick any day but the biggest and best party will be in Luckenbach.
- Dolly Parton- Some time in the winter so you can celebrate by wearing a coat of many colors.
- Willie Nelson- April 20th.
- Toby Keith- Commemorated with a shot of whiskey and some beer for the horses.
- Garth Brooks- Has to be on Friday since we’re not going down til the sun comes up.
- Merle Haggard- It changes yearly. It’s proclaimed and announced on the coldest day of January, “Merle Haggard Day will be someday when things are good.”
- Patsy Cline- It’s a national holiday AND a fundraiser. It can be any night and it’s called the Walkin After Midnight 5K. No running allowed.
- George Strait- Will be on George’s birthday and we all get an invite! To RSVP, Check Yes or No.
Any other country legends deserve they’re own national holiday?