The British version of the NSA has researched the most hacked passwords and they are dumbfoundingly obvious.
According to Bring Me The News, the GCHQ knows which passwords are the easiest to hack.
You want to try and guess the most hacked password?
I’ll give it a little more time.
Think you have it?
The most hacked password is…
Want to know the rest of the top five?
If these are your passwords please change them. But don’t change them to a Minnesota theme because they make the list of hackable passwords too! Mind you, they’re way down the list, but they are on the list. As a matter of fact, the top Minnesota themed password that gets hacked is borderline hilarious. It’s “Minnesota”. It comes in as the 10,618th most hacked password on the list.
- 10,618th: “Minnesota,” used in 11,413 hacks.
- 12,852nd: “Bob Dylan,” used in 9,694 hacks.
- 16,320th: “Minnesota1,” used in 7,900 hacks.
- 74,443rd: “Vikings,” used in 2,466 hacks.
- 84,287th: “Prince1999,” used in 2,210 hacks.
- 91,945th: “Duluth,” used in 2,042 hacks.
- 94,333rd=: “Prince1” and “stpaul,” used in 1,995 hacks.
Check out the full article from Bring Me The News