WADENA, Minn.– Tri-County Health Care is now taking appointments for certain groups who wish to get a third dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
This comes after the Center for Disease Control made official recommendations for third doses of the Pfizer vaccine. The third dose of vaccine is meant to create further protective immunity from Coronavirus.
The CDC highly recommends people in these groups receive a third dose at least six months after they had their second dose that include:
- Individuals 65 and older.
- Residents in long-term care facilities.
- People age 50-64 with underlying medical conditions according to the CDC.
Individuals may choose to receive the third dose at least six months after the second dose if they meet the following requirements:
- People ages 18-49 who are at risk for severe COVID-19 infection due to underlying medical conditions.
- People ages 18-64 who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure because of where they live or work.
The new guidelines only impact those who received the Pfizer vaccine. To schedule a vaccination, please call 218-631-3510.