HENNING, Minn.– The Henning Festival returns this weekend.
This will be the 84th annual festivities in Henning this year. Activities will start on Thursday, July 7 and go through Sunday, July 10. Here is a look at the schedule of events for this weekend.
On Thursday, July 7, the Historic Henning Walking Tour begins at the Landmark Center at 7 p.m. Event is hosted by Chris Schuelke & OTCHS and costs $6/person. Friday, July 8 events are as follows. Craft and flea market goes from 12-7 p.m., a smoothie stand will be open from 4-8 p.m., food stand opens from 5-10 p.m. Kiddie Parade, followed by the main parade, begins at 6 p.m. with the Henning Festival Queen & Little Miss Henning Pageant starting at 7:30 p.m.
The main day of festivities is on Saturday.
- 8 a.m. – Henning Festival 5K, registration begins at 7 a.m.
- 8 a.m. – Softball tournament begins
- 8-11 a.m. – Lions Breakfast at the food stand
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. – Craft and Flea Market
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Leaf Lake Association 50:50 raffle
- 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. – Food Stand open
- 11 a.m. – Water Wars
- 12-4 p.m. – Inflatable Rides
- Sponsored by Henning H.O.P.E., Henning CHAT, Arvig, TCHC
- 1 p.m. – Kids Bean Bag Tournament
- 2 p.m. – Adult Bean Bag Tournament
- 2 p.m. – Henning Rod and Gun Club Beer Wagon Opens
- 4 p.m. – Softball Tournament Championship Game
- 6 p.m. – Demo Derby
- 9:30 p.m. Henning Rod and Gun Club Beer Wagon and Music
- 10 p.m. Fireworks
Sunday’s activities include a Lions Breakfast/Lunch at Amundson Park from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. From 11 a.m.-3 p.m., there will be a car show at Amundson Park.
Organizers are encouraging everyone from Henning and the surrounding area to come and enjoy in the fun!